Post-Hospitalization Care Provides a More Effective Recovery at Home
The transition from the hospital to home following a surgical procedure, injury or illness can be distressing for elderly individuals. Post-hospitalization care is a crucial time period full of follow-up appointments with the doctor, new medications, and limitations in mobility. In some circumstances, physical, occupational or speech therapy sessions may be required as well. Home Care Assistance’s Transition Home Package™ helps families manage the discharge process, provides a seamless transition home and promotes effective rehabilitation at home. The package includes:
- An initial assessment by a dedicated Case Manager with the client, their family, as well as the social worker/discharge planner/physical therapist to fully understand what the patient needs to successfully rehabilitate at home, and a personalized care plan based on the information gathered.
- Support with home safety needs including recommendations about equipment and home safety modifications to support the senior’s recovery.
- Ongoing support with errands, grocery shopping, prescription pick-up, housekeeping and other physical activities that may be too challenging for a recently discharged patient.
- Physical assistance with activities of daily living including mobility, bathing, and grooming, eating and transferring tailored to the patient’s needs.
- Meal preparation based on our proprietary Balanced Care Method™ with an emphasis on healthy, balanced nutrition and regular caloric intake in line with the physician’s recommendations.
- Medication reminders, rehabilitation exercises, physical and emotional support and companionship throughout the recovery process.
- Transportation to rehabilitation sessions, doctor appointments, and personal events.
- Regular home visits and status updates from the Case Manager.